10 March, 2014

God Uses Broken People

"Because, the Lord uses broken things. It is Peter, weeping bitterly, who returns to greater power than ever." — Vance Havne. 

My greatest desire would be to bear fruit for my Master in His will. I believe that is the cry of every tree planted by the Master, to bear fruit, much fruit for the Master. Yet even out of the bearing much fruit comes crushing blows that sometimes threaten to shake our very foundation of faith in God’s love for us. God will never plant the seed of his life upon the soil of a hard, unbroken spirit. He will only plant that seed where the conviction of His Spirit has brought brokenness, where the soil has been watered with the tears of repentance as well as the tears of joy. 

In life, when you are really brokenhearted, when you feel that life can't go on and that your world has to come to an end; when you feel hopeless, helpless, lonely, bitter, hatred and when you feel that there is no peace, no love, that is the moment Jesus will step out of heaven and comes to meet you personally and your life will never be the same again. 

Throughout the last decade I have seen and experienced Gods gentle hand and love transformed and restored to me. A significant brokenness pattern in my life happened between the years 1998-2012. I think that much of my spiritual work of the last 13 years has been addressing this time in my life. I crashed spiritually, emotionally, physically, financially and relationally. It is so painful there are times when I stand at the door of decisions where I flinch for a second and come up with questions like, "Why Lord? Why this? Why me? How could you?"

Because of my broken road, I have found love and compassion, I have found empathy and I have found beauty that is so stunning that, at times, it nearly breaks my heart. And along the path strewn with shards of brokenness, I have found others, stumbling along trying to find their way. And through discouragement, faith and determination, I was encouraged. We are all, in one way or another, broken and simply knowing that makes me feel less alone. 

God is close to those that are hurting. God is close to the brokenhearted. God is able to heal the most painful wounds, and also to give comfort, hope and joy under the heaviest sorrow. No matter how broken you are, no matter how sick you are, I believe God can heal you, because He has healed me. I know that you too can experience God's healing love. 

Our God is a God of restoration. No matter what the situation, no matter what the problem, God can fix what is broke within you. If you believe, God can make something beautiful out of every broken place in your life. I have discovered that  the most beautiful life is often the most broken life. No matter how stressed, broken, or shattered you think you are, there is always hope. God can bring restoration to any situation. He can mend broken hearts and heal every wound. Your future is in the hands of God.  

But we need to be obedient and surrender ourselves to God. When we choose to surrender ourselves to God, we give Him power over us, which is a choice that can lead us into healing and restoration. The whole heart must be yielded to God, or the change can never be brought in us by which we are to be restored to His likeness. 

Life is hard but we serve a good God who is bigger than our problems. When you go through the preparation process and wait on God's timing, you will endure some pains. And remember when you are crushed and broken, you will exude a sweet fragrance of the anointing. Unless the outer box is broken, there can be no fragrance. God’s desire has always been that you would awaken to His love and power, that your broken hearts would find all that you need in Him. There will be no more tears, no more pain, no more sorrow and no more holes to fill in an empty heart for all our hearts will be filled with God's love.

One of the reasons God intended for us to exist in community is so that we never have to journey alone. We are united in our cause and calling, bound by our shared brokenness and the common grace we are given and melded together by God’s mission for us all. We are joined together by our suffering and pain and united in our joy and victory. 



   

No comments:

Post a Comment