27 February, 2014

Total Surrender

No one is ever united with Jesus Christ until he is willing to relinquish not sin only, but his whole way of looking at things. To be born from above of the Spirit of God means that we must let go before we lay hold, and in the first stages it is the relinquishing of all pretense. 
Oswald chambers 

Our first prayer of the day, everyday, should be a prayer of surrender. It is necessary that you retire within yourselves several times a day to make this surrender, until one day, a complete and perfect surrender actually takes place after which you discover that you're NOT living your own life anymore nor thinking your own thoughts but it's always God is living your life, God is thinking through you and God is working through you. 

For me, life is a mystery to be lived and enjoyed, not a series of problems to be solved. I believe that Jesus came not only to give us eternal life, but to give us an enjoyable and satisfying life too. I have learned to enjoy being with God and others, not only doing for God and others. I have learned to experience His love, anointing, and presence through prayer. His presence is heaven to me. I see all as gift, especially the gift of God's presence in my life (first point), and my grateful heart spontaneously says "Thank you, God".

After experiencing the depth of God's love, I live more consistently and deeply from an attitude of surrender to Him. When I have surrendered my pain, God brought healing. When I have surrendered my grief, God brought comfort. When I have surrendered my expectations, God filled my needs. When I have surrendered my wants and dreams, He has given me more than I ever hoped for or imagined. When I give Him my heart, my worship and my trust by stepping out in faith, He has given me Himself. 

Whoever wants to find something in God must lose as much in Him. Whoever wants to encounter God must be willing to pay the price. We must lift up in prayer our weakness and fully surrender to God and then we will receive complete healing and new resurrected life — all our needs, desires and longings will be fulfilled. The fulfillment of hope, thus change, comes from allowing ourselves to learn from the past, but not live in the past. As you let go of your past, learn from it and trust God, everything will be transformed into a blessing. Surrender yourself to the Lord and allow Him to awaken you to His power and presence.   

When you and I "die" and come to the point of total surrender to God and truly want His will more than we want ours, then an amazing thing happens. His life comes and fills us with joy, peace and love out of the depths of our entire being will flow with contentment and satisfaction. When we abide in Him and He in us, rivers of living water are activated. They flow out of our belly, out of our spirit, overflowing into our own personal relationship with Him and into the lives of those around us. When your old self dies, your new self comes to life!




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment